#235 of our podcast series by @nimble_music!
Music has always played a major role in my life. When I was young, I listened to hip hop, soul & funk, which quickly made me want to create music myself. I joined my brother @theoneandonlycrossto produce some hip hop beats using software and a MIDI keyboard. We had a lot of fun playing around and I think that time formed my taste in sound – I’m still into clean drums and subby basslines. Those first steps also made me understand how tracks are built – and what a solid groove is all about.
The underground party scene in my hometown finally made me discover electronic music. First it was classic house & deep house, later it became tech house & deep tech. I developed a passion for groovy and bassline focused minimal / deep tech tunes, which still represent my style as a DJ today.
I’m not the ‚beatport-charts‘ type of guy – I spend most of my time digging and looking for underground records that fit my style. I like it a little more uptempo than usual, so 126-129 BPM is my kind of tempo. I love to speed up slow deep house tracks to make them dancefloor-ready and integrate them into my sets.
1. Gabe, Luthier – Goodbye (Original Mix)
2. Ruben Mandolini – The Organist (Extended Remix)
3. Hart & Neenan – Magnitude (Original Mix)
4. Andruss, Flashingroof, H.A.N.T. – Mantra (TAYA (AU) Remix)
5. Sirus Hood, Sammy W & Alex E – What They Do (Anek Remix)
6. Frankie Watch – Last Weekend (Piero Pirupa Remix)
7. Tweez – Timeless (Original Mix)
8. Joseph Edmund – Breath (Original Mix)
9. DJOKO – Healing (Original Mix)
10. Dj Lugo – Sol & Luna (Ivan Oliva Remix)
11. Lewis Jimenez – Feel It (Made by Pete Remix)
12. Gorkiz & Ultravoid – Madeleine (Vision, Dimitri Nakov Remix)
13. The Groove Brothers – But We Do